User Reference Material
With the easy-to-use UCLA Mindful app, you can practice mindfulness meditation anywhere, anytime with the guidance of the UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center. Scientific research shows mindfulness can help manage stress-related physical conditions, reduce anxiety and depression, cultivate positive emotions, and help improve overall physical health and well-being.
Mindfulness is the practice of training the mind to be present through moment-to-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, body sensations, and environment. Mindfulness promotes an attitude of openness, curiosity, and a willingness to be with our experience. Through regular practice, taught through this app, you can develop a meditation practice and learn to bring more mindfulness into your daily life.
This app offers:
- Basic Meditations for getting started, in both English and Spanish
- Wellness Meditations for people suffering from challenging health conditions
- Informative videos exploring how to get started, supportive meditation postures, and the science of mindfulness
- Weekly podcasts from UCLA’s Hammer Museum– a 30-minute meditation on different themes you can search for and bookmark
- A timer to meditate on your own